John W. Hawkins, D.O.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation / Sports Medicine
Dr. Hawkins is a physical medicine/rehabilitation and sports medicine specialist who diagnoses and treats back, neck and peripheral joint disorders, as well as common sport-associated injuries and nerve and muscle disorders.
He performs interventional spine procedures including epidurals, radiofrequency neurotomy and spinal cord stimulator trials, and is experienced in regenerative medicine procedures such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapies. He also performs image-guided joint injections for shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips and knees.
He completed a sports medicine fellowship at Michigan State University where he cared for athletes from all sports as well as a local running clinic. He has experience taking care of athletes ranging from elementary school children to professionals and seniors.
- Michigan State Medical License
- Board Certified – American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified – American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan State University, 2013
Fellowships and Specialty Training
- Fellowship: EMG, Interventional Spine and Sport Medicine, Michigan State University, 2017-2019
- Residency: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Oakland University/William Beaumont Hospital, 2013-2017
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spine Intervention Society
- American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Medical Society for Sport Medicine